A webinar to be held on Zoom, Friday July 24nd, 2020 8:00 AM-10:00 AM PST.
Part of the ICABR Annual Program
1. Introduction - Regulation of Biotechnology in light of COVID-19, David Zilberman, UC Berkeley 10 Mins.
2. The potential of CRISPR in livestock, Alison Van Eenennaam, Professor of UC Davis 20 mins
3. The economic implications of banning CRISPR in livestock, Felipe Silva, Professor of Clemson University 10 mins
Carl Pray. Time for questions of the first 3 speakers -- 10 minutes (50 minutes)
4. Where we are with Golden Rice, Adrian Dubock, Golden Rice Humanitarian Board Member, 9 mins
5. The lessons from BT eggplant in Bangladesh, Ahsanuzzaman, University of Delaware 9 mins
6. Where is biotech going in Latin America - Martin Lema, Argentina 9 minutes
7. On the approval of GM varieties in India, Ram Kaundinya, Senior Executive in the seed sector of India 9 mins
8. On the state of GM approval in Africa, Greg Jaffe, 9 minutes
9. On the state of GM maize seeds in China, William Deng, Senior Executive in the seed sector of China 9 mins
10. Carl Pray leads discussion 16 minutes